In addition to paying rent for the property, you may also be required to make the following permitted payments:
To secure the property:
- Holding Deposit: 1 week’s rent (which will be set against the month’s rent in advance)
Before the tenancy starts:
- · One Month’s rent in advance (less the holding deposit)
- Deposit: 5 weeks rent which will be protected by the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS)
During the tenancy:
- Payments to other third parties: such as Council Tax, utilities or payments for communications services;
- Default Charges: such as payments for the replacement of lost keys or lock changes (actual cost of replacement, plus in special circumstances you may incur a £15 (incl VAT) per hour charge for the time taken to replace keys or change locks) or interest on overdue rent which will be charged at 3% interest over Bank of England Base Rate once the rent is 14 days overdue and will be levied from the first day of the rent arrears period;
- Tenancy Transaction Charges: such as requests to vary or assign the tenancy, which will be £50 (incl VAT) or reasonable costs.
Hellas-Helvetia Limited is a member of Propertymark, which is a client money protection scheme, and also a member of The Property Ombudsman, which is a redress scheme. Tenants’ Deposits are protected by the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS).